If you enjoy the fall season, and all the things that lead into Halloween (like us!), there is more than just one day to have a great time in your community. From festivals to a wine walk, there are plenty of events to enjoy throughout Fresno and Clovis!
October 21st is the annual Glorious Junk Days in Old Town Clovis! Glorious Junk Days was created to showcase items not normally seen at their regular Antiques & Collectibles Fairs, which limits what vendors can bring. Glorious Junk can include repurposed and refurbished items, DIY Projects, handcrafted items, shabby chic and architectural finds – as well as the antiques you’ve come to enjoy in Old Town. Who knows, maybe you’ll get some items to help fill your new (or future!) Bonadelle Neighborhoods home.
Witness one of the Central Valley’s traditions of hot air balloons flying through the sky, followed by a carnival occupying Clovis Avenue and Old Town Clovis, at the annual “ClovisFest.” With 250 crafters and food booths, a family carnival, and the new cultural celebration, ClovisFest will surely be a memorable festival. It runs October 27th through 28th, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., so head out to enjoy the free event while exploring Clovis’s community and snapping some Instagrammable pics.
Tour Fresno Chaffee Zoo at their trick-or-treating event “ZooBoo.” A family-friendly event within the Fresno Chaffee Zoo, where kids can wear their costumes and trick-or-treat with live entertainment and carnival games, while also seeing and learning all about the animals in the zoo. The event happens on Oct. 19, 20, 26 and 27 with tickets starting at $16 for adults and $14 for children between ages 2 and 11.
Wear your costume more than once and for a good cause at the “Monster Mash Dash.” On Oct. 27, participants will be able to run a 5K from Woodward Park, in their costumes to support the Make a Wish Foundation.
There’s so much more to do in the Clovis and Fresno areas this October, and this list is just a touch on the variety of those activities! We hope you all have a good October, and a safe night trick or treating and celebrating the holiday!
– OCT. 4 – 31 (Closed on Monday and Tuesday) | Hobbs Grove in Sanger
– OCT. 3 – 14 | The Big Fresno Fair
– OCT. 20 | Fresno Zombie Crawl in the Tower District
– OCT. 19 – 20 & OCT. 26 – 27 | ZooBoo at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
– OCT. 26 | BooFest at Sierra Vista Mall
– OCT. 21 | Free Movie Night: Halloween at the Crest Theatre
– OCT. 20 – 21 | Civil War Revisited at Kearney Park
– OCT. 27 – 28 | ClovisFest in Old Town Clovis
– OCT. 26 | Halloween ArtHop and PubCrawl in Merced
Make memories this Halloween season by picking and decorating pumpkins with your little ones. Find a pumpkin patch near you:
– Pumpkin King – 100 W. Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA 93704
– Planet Pumpkin – 640 E. Nees Avenue, E Nees Ave, Fresno, CA 93720
– Sid’s Pumpkin Patch – 5011 E. Kings Canyon Rd Fresno, California
– Vista Ranch Pumpkin Patch – 7326 East Highway 140, Merced CA 95340
– Vossler Farms – 26773 S. Mooney Blvd. Visalia, California